Keeping your drawers organized is difficult.
We understand the struggle, so we’ve come up with some helpful tips on organizing the ultimate men’s underwear drawer.
Underwear Drawer Organizer
If keeping up with your underwear drawer organization is difficult for you because of a busy lifestyle, an underwear drawer organizer may be the perfect thing for you. You can buy underwear organizers in different sizes, and with a variety of different organizational patterns.
Whether you want four compartments or ten, there’s an underwear drawer organizer out there that’s perfect for you. It’s only a quick Amazon search away.
Determine Your Organization Style
While there are a ton of different ways you could organize your underwear drawer, some may make your life a little easier than others. We recommend that you organize based on either color or underwear type, though each option has its pros and cons.
The first underwear drawer organization style to think about is organization by color. With this style, underwear style doesn’t matter, nor does brand or any other factor.
Pros to this organization style:
One major pro to organizing your underwear drawer by color is that it’s simple. If you wash a pair of red boxers and a pair of red briefs, you just put them with the other red underwear. This organization style is particularly great if someone else does your laundry or puts it up for you. This way, you can ask them to keep your drawer organized without it being a difficult task.
Cons to this organizational style:
While organization by color is simple, it may not be the best for you if you have a variety of different types of underwear, or if you buy your underwear in consistent colors. If all of your underwear are black, you can’t really organize them by color.
Additionally, if you have underwear in four or five different styles, organizing by color may have you digging through ten pairs of red underwear to find your red briefs.
The goal is always simplicity.
Type/ Style/ Fit
If organizing your underwear drawer by color doesn’t work for you, try organizing by underwear type instead.
Pros to this organizational style:
Organizing your underwear drawer by underwear type is especially helpful if you have a variety of different styles of underwear. This way, each different underwear style has its own dedicated spot. If you’re going to the gym, for example, all of your performance underwear is in the same location, and you don’t have to dig around to find them.
Cons to this organizational style:
If you have one or two go-to types of underwear, organizing by style may not be the smartest choice for you. Likewise, you may want to look into a different organizational pattern if you buy a variety of different styles, but only one pair of each style. While organizing by underwear type can be an extremely efficient method in some cases, there are circumstances that make this method unhelpful.
How to Fold Mens Underwear
If organization is your goal, it’s important that you’re folding your underwear neatly, so they can be stacked or lined up. Boxers and briefs can be some of the most challenging styles to fold, but we have the perfect step by step guide on folding for optimal organization.
- Lay your boxers face up on a flat surface. The waistband should be facing away from you, and you should smooth out wrinkles at this point.
- Fold the pair in half. Grab one side of your boxers, and align the seam with the seam on the opposite leg.
- Fold in half again. In the same fashion as the last step, take one side of the underwear, and fold it over to the opposite side. Your waistband should still be facing away from you.
- Fold from bottom to top. With your waistband at the top, grab the bottom of your boxers, folding up in equal sections until you reach the waistband. If you want your boxers organized in small squares, fold twice. If small rectangles are more your speed, fold only once.
- Put your boxers away. Whether you opt to fold your boxers in squares or rectangles, this will make drawer organization a breeze, and finding specific pairs easy!
- Lay your briefs face up on a flat surface. You can also hold them face up, but your folds may be less tight.
- Fold the sides into the middle. It doesn’t matter whether you start with the left or the right side, as long as the first fold is to the middle, and the second fold overlaps the first.
- Fold the crotch of the briefs up to the waistband. If you want to keep your briefs securely folded, you can roll the waistband down over the crotch area after this fold.
- Put your briefs away. Folding them this way makes organization easy and effective, and the extra time spent folding will pay off!
Keep Things Current
It’s important to revisit your drawer organization often. Not only does reorganization make finding the exact pair you want easier, but it’s also a great opportunity to get rid of old underwear and make room for a few new pairs.