Throw out your holiday gift guides because we’re about to single-handedly simplify this whole Christmas shopping tradition. Sick of travelling from store to store in search of presents for everyone in your life? We feel you. That’s why we’re glad to inform you that the perfect gift has been right under your nose the whole time. You know what it is? Underwear, of course! Why do undies make a great gift, you may ask? Keep scrolling to find out all the reasons why underwear is the perfect Christmas gift.
- Underwear is soft and cozy: Winter is the time to be wrapped up in blankets sitting by the fireplace. Thus, a soft and silky pair of underwear is the perfect cold weather accessory. Pair ’em with an Everyday V-Neck, sweatpants, and slippers for the ultimate loungewear gift pack, or just buy a 3-pack of undies to ensure they’re covered through the week.
- Everybody wears underwear: This is a simple fact. Everybody wears underwear, meaning undies work as gift for anyone in your life. A pair of Chevron Print Boxer Briefs for your dad, some Performance Moisture Wicking Boxer Briefs for your fitness-addicted friend, and a sexy pair of Lace Cheek Boxers for your partner, and voila, your holiday shopping is complete! Seriously though, who wouldn’t appreciate an ultra cute pair of undies at Christmas?
- You can never have too many pairs of underwear: Again, a fact. After all, there are many reasons why when it comes to underwear, the phrase “the more the merrier” is applicable. An underwear drawer requires diversity. A cozy pair of boxers for weekends on the couch, a tight pair of briefs for his slim fitting chino pants, and a microfibre boxer brief for when he hits the gym, to name a few. In addition, everybody has those weeks when laundry just isn’t happening. In these instances, having a large collection of undies certainly comes in handy. The take away? No one is ever going to be upset they received underwear for the holidays. At the very least, it’s a practical gift they will be able to use. And at the most, it’ll be a thoughtful and intimate present that makes them think of you every time they slip ’em on.
- There are plenty of gorgeous and unique styles: Don’t want to buy a generic gift? Underwear is the answer. In addition to being practical, the undies sold nowadays are super unique. Available in a variety of colours, patterns, and styles, men’s underwear is no longer limited to a world of white tighty whities. Know your man loves The Simpson? We guarantee you that you can find a pair of boxers out there with Homer’s face on them. In need of a sexier style? Malebasics sells everything from lace to mesh undies, all of which are sure to impress. Overall, buying someone a new pair of boxer briefs can actually be very personal so if you’re trying to avoid buying a boring gift, underwear is a great bet!
Which type of underwear should you buy? That’s a whole other question. However, we’ve created a quick reference guide to suit all your underwear shopping needs.
- Boxers: Loose-fitting underwear featuring an elastic waistband offering minimal support.
- Slim Boxers: A tight-fitting version of the classic boxer.
- Briefs: The traditional style, briefs are snug fitting offering no leg coverage.
- Boxer Briefs: The length of a boxer combined with the snugness of a brief, offering maximum support.
- Trunks: Snug fitting underwear that is longer than a brief but shorter than a boxer brief.
- Jockstrap: A supportive yet minimal undergarment featuring an elastic waistband connected to a pouch of fabric that covers the bulge and an open rear.
- Performance: Compression underwear that are ideal for high-intensity activities, such as long days at the gym or sports.
- Mircofibre: A special moisture-wicking fabric that is quick-drying, making them ideal for sweaty sessions at the gym.